It is safe to say that Mum Mum’s is pretty mum focused. Yet with Father’s day arriving this Sunday, we felt it was important to give dads a bit of the spotlight and honor the favorite men in our lives and all they do for us. USA Today reported this morning that Father’s Day is becoming more personal with more relationship and experience driven gifts to reflect the growing trend of dads’ increased involvement in family life. You don’t have to spend a bundle to celebrate Father’s Day, so here are 8 simple ways to celebrate dad’s day:
- Get Crafty: Let your kids create their own cards or crafts for a keepsake dad will love.
- Create Some Daddy and Me Time: Pick an activity the family enjoys or even a project child and dad can complete together.
- Make Dad’s Favorite Food: Let the kids help in the kitchen to make his favorite meal.
- Switch Chores: Let your child do one of dad’s regular duties around the house.
- Hit the Nursery: Head to the nursery to pick up a few plants to plant together around the house, it can be the start of a great tradition.
- King for the Day: Have the kids make dad a crown and allow him to be king for an entire day.
- Get Outdoors: Since it is summertime, set up the sprinkler, go for a swim, play ball outside, or have a family barbeque.
- Dad Time: Carve out a few minutes of the day to give dad a ‘me’ moment.